ILA – Luxembourg
The title of this ILA flagship course gives you a foretaste of its content: over 3 days you will dive into the practical world of being a Director in Luxembourg.
You will be led through the legal, accounting and tax issues specific to exercising a mandate in Luxembourg and what the Luxembourg director should specifically challenge.
You will spend half a day identifying and putting into practice the essential soft skills needed to raise the group dynamic of your Board and build an efficient working relationship with your management.
Sustainability and integrity are two very high-profile subjects on which Luxembourg is taking a leading stance in Europe and which ILA is actively driving into the Boardroom. Distinguished guest speakers will share with you their personal experiences as Directors of dealing with real integrity issues that their Boards had to face, with clear learning messages.
As a Director, you will be challenged on how to practically integrate sustainability into your governance deliberations by way of an interactive workshops led by a specialist in this discipline and advisor to the Luxembourg government. In case there was any doubt as to the priority and weight Luxembourg is giving to sustainability, a senior representative from the Luxembourg Stock Exchange will deliver its vision and expectations of sustainability in Luxembourg companies to feed deliberations in your Board meetings.
The Essentials is conducted in English language. For candidates wishing to obtain the Certificate for Directors delivered by ILA, attendance to all the mandatory modules is required. Regardless of the ILA certification, this program is also open to experienced executives and directors who want to strengthen their understanding of the different aspects of director duties in the specific context of Luxembourg.
The first 2 hours of the programme cover certain legal aspects of Luxembourg companies and are presented in an interactive e-learning format, which you can view in your own time, at your own pace. These 2 hours are a precursor to starting the main part of the course in person.
The online part of the course is delivered over seven intensive interactive modules which are run by Luxembourg practitioners and experts. Throughout all modules, the emphasis of this course will be on “what to ask, what to do” from a Director’s point of view. The last session is optional and available for those who want to dive into specific governance issues affecting the financial sector, with a guest appearance from a senior representative of the financial regulator, the CSSF, who will share its current focus and give advice for Directors with mandates in that sector. The face to face session will include two additional modules with practical interactive exercises that have been designed to get you ‘doing’, not just ‘sharing’. You should expect to challenge, be challenged and share. Guest speakers who have been through the issues presented will give you access to experience and learning points. At the end, you will walk out of this course with one idea or change that you can take back to your Board and implement in the name of better corporate governance.
- A solid understanding of the statutory framework for the role and responsibilities of directors in the Luxembourg business environment
- An overview of the key issues in exercising a Board mandate in the Luxembourg environment
- Practical and easy-to-implement soft skills to improve the collaborative dynamic of your Board
- Practical ideas for your Board to integrate and lead on key governance issues important in Luxembourg, such as integrity and sustainability.
- A window into the future of governance expectations in Luxembourg from key speakers representing, influencing and advising decision-makers in Luxembourg.
- A qualifying path for future ILA Certified Directors.
For further details regarding the certification programme, please contact Véronique Vansaen (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Melanie Terren (m.terren@ila).
This program is dedicated to experienced executives and directors who fulfill at least one of the following three conditions:
- Successfully completed the 1st module of the ILA certification program for directors;
- Acted as an executive, or a non-executive board member of companies having effective economic activities for at least five years; or
- A relevant executive management or board exposure experience within board of directors or committees of the board for at least five years
If you are unsure whether you meet the pre-requisites for this course, please contact the ILA Education Team to discuss (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss this course, the certification, or any other ILA training course.
The course is now fully booked and registrations are closed.
The course attendance fees are 1 975.00 EUR for ILA members and 2 550.00 EUR for non members;