WEBINAR “USING AND IMPROVING ESG DATA TO MEASURE ESG PERFORMANCE”
The LuxFLAG webinar will be hosted on 25 June in collaboration with the Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST).
Renewed interest in sustainable finance has put ESG into the spotlight. The terms “ESG” and “sustainability” are often used interchangeably, though a company with a higher ESG score is not necessarily more sustainable than one with a lower score. In this webinar we delve more deeply into why and how ESG data are used or provided by different entities, including in research, data analytics, and institutional investment.
THE WEBINAR AIMS TO COVER PRACTICAL IMPLICATIONS OF ESG DATA, AS WELL AS MEASUREMENT TOOLS AND REPORTING, INCLUDING:
- A researcher’s assessment: Disparities in ESG ratings across vendors and mixed findings on the market impact of ESG on firms’ value
- A life-cycle perspective: Can the ESG concept be expanded to incorporate impacts along companies’ supply chains?
- Assessing the ESG footprint of investor portfolios
- Using ESG data to advise investors and companies
- What aspects of the European Investment Bank’s activities flow into its ESG assessment by external rating agencies?
- Cinzia Prometti, Senior Corporate Social Responsibility Officer, European Investment Bank
- Dr. François Koulischer, Department of Finance, University of Luxembourg
- Laura Alabarracin, Vice President for ESG/Product Management, ISS
- Dr. Abraham Lioui, Professor, Co-Director, Scientific Beta Advanced Factor & ESG Investing Research Chair, EDHEC Business School
- Dr. Claudia Hitaj, Research & Technology Associate, Luxembourg Institute of Science & Technology
Contact person: Claudia Hitaj – firstname.lastname@example.org